- Connect your KPA1500 to your local area network by inserting an ethernet cable into its RJ-45 jack
- Configure your KPA1500 for ethernet operation by enabling the menu option TECH MODE
- Check your KPA1500 network settings by reading the menu option NET IP ADDRESS. (write it down)
- The latest version of FANticipator will be found at: https://groups.io/g/FANticipator/files
- Download the FANticipator-SETUPxx.EXE based on the version of Windows that you operate (32 or 64 bit Windows.
- Run the FANticipator-SETUPxx.EXE install file. Recommend installing a desktop shortcut
- Launch FANticipator from the desktop shortcut or the Windows File Explorer
- The first time you run FANticipator, a warning dialog box will appear advising you that there is no fanticipator.xml configuration file
- The program will open a Windows NOTEPAD edit screen with the contents of a sample configuration file
- Enter your KPA1500’s IP address in the XML <Address> tag ( NET IP ADDRESS recorded earlier)
- For right now, leaving everything else unchanged
- Save fanticipator.xml and exit Notepad
- Re-launch FANticipator
Explanation of fanticipator.xml Fields
Upon launch, FANticipator reads the settings in the fanticipator.xml file and configures itself accordingly. Thereafter, settings and changes are stored in memory until you exit the program, at which time the values are saved back to the xml file. IMPORTANT: if you manually edit (NOTEPAD.EXE?) the fanticipator.xml file while FANticipator is running, and then close the program, the edit changes you made will be overwritten You should only edit fanticipator.xml when FANticipator is not running.
The <FORM> stanza settings are automatically saved when you exit the program. Under normal circumstances, you do not need to edit these manually. <FORM> stores the location and size of the window so that it can be returned to the same screen <Location> and <Size> when you open the program again.
The <KPAconfig> stanza settings can only be changed by editing the fanticipator.xml “manually” using Notepad or your favorite text editor. <KPAconfig> contains the IP <Address> and TCP <Port> of the KPA1500 amplifier, as well as the frequency at which you wish to query the amplifier. The default port of the KPA1500 amplifier, as shipped from Elecraft, is 1500. The default value of <PollInterval>, as recommended by the FANticipator developer, will query the amplifier every 500 milliseconds (twice per second). You can adjust the interval between 100 and 5000 milliseconds.
The <KPAsettings> stanza settings are automatically saved when you exit the program. Under normal circumstances, you do not need to edit these manually. <KPAsettings> contains parameters for controlling the fans of the KPA1500:
- <FanMinimum> is the same as the amplifier’s >Menu >FAN SPEED >MIN setting. This must be set = 0 for FANticipator to operate
- <FanTxRun> tells the fans to run at an advanced speed During Transmit. The valid entries are ON and OFF
- <Fan1RxRun> tells the fans to run at setting #1 After Transmit. The valid entries are ON and OFF
- <Fan1RxRunUntil> defines the Celsius temperature at which the setting #1 fans should turn off. The valid entries are between 30 and 59
- <Fan2RxRun> tells the fans to run at setting #2 After Transmit. The valid entries are ON and OFF
- <Fan2RxRunUntil> defines the Celsius temperature at which the setting #2 fans should turn off. The valid entries are between 30 and 69